Never Without Love


My life was over,
Or so it had seemed,
I said my goodbyes,
And I silently screamed.


I knew it was wrong,
But it just felt so right,
When sadness creeps in,
It puts up a fight.


I went into the kitchen,
I looked all around,
I saw what I needed,
My heart started to pound.


I tested the edge,
As I picked up the knife,
I placed it over my wrist,
As I went over my life.


I had no one to leave,
Nobody who cared,
A small little girl,
Could certainly be spared.


The phone started to ring,
And I suddenly knew,
I don't really know how,
But it had to be you.


I slowly walked over,
And picked up the phone,
In that moment I'd never felt more alone.


You begged me to stop,
To not do what I would,
I said nothing at all,
I don't think that I could.


You cried and you pleaded,
And I didn't know how,
I had missed it so long,
But I finally saw now.


You may think life is hopeless,
That there's no help from above,
But as long as you have friends,
You'll always have love.

Wao

Related Posts with Thumbnails